Saint François de SALES (1567-1602) Room
Bishop of Geneva, canonized by Pope Alexander VII on April 19th, 1665. He dedicated his life to the apostolate.
St. François is known as the founder, with St. Jeanne de CHANTAL, of the order of the Visitation (in 1610) for contemplative nuns, which enjoyed rapid expansion in the 17th century in France, then worldwide (in particular in Latin America). Like Madame de Sévigné, he also is related to the RABUTIN family.
LA MAISON DES CHAMPS also pays him tribute in calling its Keep the St. François Tower.
St. François de SALES stayed in the Keep during various visits to the region.
All our luxury rooms, as well as the whole of the castle, are mainly furnished with antique pieces, to offer a genuine historical immersion in the past.
However, for your comfort and your needs during your stay, many modern facilities are at your disposal: television in the Drawing-Room, internet access via grip RJ45 with cable supplied in rooms, possible Wi-Fi hotspot on request, as well as the basic facilities (hairdryer, scales…)
Price List and Useful Information
In season (from April to October) = 290€ (VAT incl.) per night.
Off season (November, February, March) = 250€ VAT (incl.) per night.
Useful Information :
- This room has a double bed 200x200cm.
- The indicated prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Breakfast is included.
- Beds available for small children, on request, at 45 € extra (VAT incl.) per night.
- Annual closure in December and January.
- Guests are welcomed every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Rooms available from 4.00 pm.
- Departure at 11.00 am at the latest.
- Breakfast is served in the Drawing-Room from 8.00 am to 10.30 am.
(Do tell us of any allergy at the time of reservation.)
- Terms of payment: only by VISA and American Express credit card, at time of booking.
- LA MAISON DES CHAMPS also offers “on-site dinner menu” for 50 € (VAT incl.) per person, wines not included, as well as wine-tasting in its 15th-century cellar (by reservation).