Madame de SEVIGNE (1626-1696) Room
This is a “lady’s room “. Marie de RABUTIN-CHANTAL, known as the Marquise de SÉVIGNÉ or, more simply, Madame de SÉVIGNÉ, is a French writer, whose cousin owned the castle of Bussy-Rabutin in Burgundy.
The Comte de Grignan married Mme de Sévigné’s daughter and the former owner, descendant of the Grignan family, is thus related to Mme de Sévigné.
All our luxury rooms, as well as the whole of the castle, are mainly furnished with antique pieces to offer a genuine historical immersion in the past.
However, for your comfort and your needs during your stay, many modern facilities are at your disposal: television in the drawing-room, internet access via grip RJ45 with cable supplied in rooms, possible Wi-Fi hotspot on request, as well as the basic facilities (hairdryer, scales…).
Price List and Useful Information
In season (from April to October) = 270€ (VAT incl.) per night.
Off season (November, February, March) = 230€ (VAT incl.) per night.
- This room has a double bed 160x200cm.
- The indicated prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Breakfast is included.
- Beds available for small children, on request, at 45 € extra (VAT incl.) per night.
- Annual closure in December and January.
- Guests are welcomed every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Rooms available from 4.00 pm.
- Departure at 11.00 am at the latest.
- Breakfast is served in the Drawing-Room from 8.00 am to 11.30 am.
(Do tell us of any allergy at the time of reservation.)
- Terms of payment: only by VISA and American Express credit card, at time of booking.
- LA MAISON DES CHAMPS also offers “on-site dinner menu” for 50 € (VAT incl.) per person, wines not included, as well as wine-tasting in its 15th-century cellar (by reservation).