Johann Georg WILLE (1715-1808) Room
French engraver of German origin who worked essentially in France.
Engraver at the court of King Frederik II and Frederik V of Denmark and particularly at the court of King Louis XV, naturalized French in 1758 and friend of the illustrious and erudite Baron Jean-Baptiste Anne Geneviève GAGNARE (1748-1792).
Both had frequent encounters with Abel-François POISSON de VANDIÈRES (1751-1773 ), Marquis de MARIGNY, a defender of fine arts, brother of the Marquise de Pompadour (Louis XV’s official favourite). In this way, the third Baron of Joursanvault mixed with the courtiers of Louis XV.
All our luxury rooms, as well as the whole of the castle, are mainly furnished with antique pieces to offer a genuine historical immersion in the past.
However, for your comfort and your needs during your stay, many modern facilities are at your disposal: television in the Drawing-Room, internet access via grip RJ45 with cable supplied in rooms, possible Wi-Fi hotspot on request, as well as the basic facilities (hairdryer, scales…).
Price List and Useful Information
In season (from April to October) = 270€ (VAT incl.) per night.
Off season (November, February, March) = 230€ (VAT incl.) per night.
Useful Information :
- This room has a double bed 200x200cm.
- The indicated prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Breakfast is included.
- Beds available for small children, on request, at 45 € extra (VAT incl.) per night.
- Annual closure in December and January.
- Guests are welcomed every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Rooms available from 4.00 pm.
- Departure at 11.00 am at the latest.
- Breakfast is served in the Drawing-Room from 8.00 am to 10.30 am.
(Do tell us of any allergy at the time of reservation.)
- Terms of payment: by bank transfer or VISA and American Express credit card, at time of booking.
- LA MAISON DES CHAMPS also offers “on-site dinner menu” for 50 € (VAT incl.) per person, wines not included, as well as wine-tasting in its 15th-century cellar (by reservation).